6.12.2009

Update

Currently playing:
Fallout 3 (360)
-----------------------
After I finally posted my review of inFamous last Friday, I had hoped to get finished with Hakuna Matata and post my review of it by today. Unfortunately, that is obviously not the case. There are, however, several things I have been working on that have completely enveloped my time these past seven days; all of them I am very excited about.

(1) Gamers With Jobs writing call- If you read this blog, you can probably tell that I would love to be a gaming journalist; it's something I am passionate and very knowledgeable about. One of the sites I follow regularly is called Gamers With Jobs, and they recently put out a call for a new writer or two. I'm sure there are hundreds of people submitting material, but I decided to take a shot at it anyway. The composition and editing of that piece has taken the majority of my time this work week.

(2) Five Top Games transcription- On my way back from Manchester, TN last Saturday, my three buddies and I had a discussion of what we each thought were the five best games ever created. It just so happened that I had my voice recorder on hand and got the whole conversation on tape... all 72 minutes of it. Needless to say, it's a long and arduous process transcribing all of it, but its something that I really enjoyed and think will be a great contribution to the site.

(3) New Mac!! Yes, I bought my MacBook a week ago today, and it's been a blast getting to know it. Part of the iLife software package that comes with it is a web publishing program called iWeb. It fascinated me greatly, and after fiddling around with it for some time, I decided to make a serious effort in upgrading the site. Blogger has been a great place to start out, but I grow bored of this bland layout and have been unable to find any templates that satsify me. Concordingly, I have been slowly (but surely) creating a new layout that is more vibrant and exciting, one that recalls the excitement of video games. No, it won't be an IGN or 1up.com, but it will be a significant improvement over what I have now.

That covers all that is going on for the time being. No new content as of right now, but hopefully that will change by the end of next week. If my piece doesn't make it in the writers' call, I will definitely post it here.

It's one I've poured a lot of time into, and am incredibly proud of it.

Till then, have a good and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment