6.24.2009

IGN: Contrarian Corner: Infamous

This is one of the best articles on inFamous I have found to date. My sincere thanks to Michael Thomsen over at IGN for such an incredible in-depth analysis.

This is the kind of material I really wish IGN would publish more often.
At the time inFamous was released, I wondered if the initial review was somewhat tainted by all of the preview time the reviewer received before the game's release date. Don't get me wrong, inFamous is a really good game, but I haven't given any serious time to it since I finished it; that was three weeks ago. When I don't go back to a game after I finish it, it clues me in to the fact said game may not be as good as I thought it was when in the middle of it.

Posting an opposing viewpoint to reviews is not done often enough at IGN. I don't know if that's a result of not devoting two writers to the same title when the possibility exists both will have the same opinion, or if it is another reason altogether, but IGN needs to provide a second opinion on major titles. Game Informer does it, and it's something I appreciate. When I see two seperate people agree agree on the quality of a game, it emboldens me to play/purchase that game.

I'll stop blathering now; read this article:

IGN: Contrarian Corner: Infamous

No comments:

Post a Comment